Let's face it, we all like to indulge and satisfy our sweet tooth every once in while, especially around Halloween. These chocolate cupcakes from HealthyWithNedi are 100% guilt-free and absolutely delicious. As if they weren't good enough on their own, we topped them with cherry sauce made with Dark Cherry wanu for a spooky blood effect. These babies will change your life...without giving your health a scare!
Guilt-Free Chocolate Cupcakes Yields: 6 cupcakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (I used Plnt Liquid Coconut Oil by Vitamin Shoppe)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 100g at least 70% dark chocolate (Alter Eco Organic Chocolate is my fav)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
Cherry Sauce (optional)
- 1 lb of fresh or frozen cherries
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Dark Cherry wanu
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small pot, heat coconut oil, chocolate, and honey over low heat, until chocolate melts. Allow to cool off.
- Transfer to a blender with beans, baking powder and eggs. Blend until smooth (scraping the sides with a spatula so the ingredients blend well).
- Spoon mixture into cupcake molds and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool off on the side and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, start the cherry sauce (optional, but recommended!) Remove stems/pits of cherries and place in a sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in coconut sugar, wanu, lemon juice, and honey.
- Bring the mixture to a slow boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a jar or small pitcher (I like to keep the cherry chunks in the sauce, but feel free to pour through a serve for more of a liquid consistency).
- Pour warm sauce over cupcakes and serve.