Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups dry, uncooked oatmeal
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter or other nut or sun butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup quality honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, add 1 and 1/2 cups oats, peanut butter, pumpkin, chia seeds, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir to combine well. You want the mixture to be soft but not too sticky. If you pick up a generous spoonful, you should be able to roll it into a ball and only make a minimal mess (it should stick together when rolled but still feel tacky on your hands). Depending on the type of oats you used (old-fashioned or quick oats), you made need to add up to a half cup more oats and stir until you reach the desired consistency. Again, it’s OK if it’s a little sticky because the oats will absorb some of the moisture after a little time passes, but unworkable sticky isn’t the goal.
- When the mixture is workable, add the chocolate chips and stir to combine. Scoop a large spoonful into your hand and roll into balls. Repeat with remaining dough. Keep these in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for much longer.