This recipe, inspired by The Healthy Foodie, offers a grain-free peachy twist on your morning oatmeal! We combined quinoa, almond milk, shredded coconut, Peach Passion wanu water, vanilla whey protein powder + fresh peaches to make the perfect and totally guilt-free oatmeal. It may not "technically" be oatmeal, but it satisfies the craving and then some! Whether you're enjoying breakfast in bed on a lazy Sunday or need a snack to get you through the day, this recipe provides the perfect little bowl of deliciousness.
Peaches and Quinoa "Oatmeal" Yield: 1-2 Servings
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1.5 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 peach, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 scoop vanilla flavored whey protein
- 2 tbsp Peach Passion wanu
- In a fine mesh sieve, rinse quinoa under running water until it no longer “foams” and water runs clear.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan. Add almond milk and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until all the liquid has evaporated, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add coconut, peach, and vanilla extract. Cover and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dilute whey protein in 2 tbsp of Peach Passion wanu. Stir that into warm cereal and transfer to serving bowl(s).
- Feel free to garnish with coconut cream or fat free Greek plain yogurt, peach slices and toasted coconut shavings, as desired.