'Tis the season for holiday cookies! We understand it's totally time to splurge and enjoy a holiday treat (or two), so we're making it a bit easier by providing a healthier alternative to your classic sugar cookies, gingerbread men, or raspberry thumbprints. These easy vegan and no-bake snowball treats are the perfect combination of coconut and dark chocolate, satisfying your sweet tooth without experiencing the guilt afterward. Make them for your next holiday party or include them in tins for a dessert exchange (warning! you may want to keep them all for yourself, and we don't blame you).
No-Bake Coconut Snowballs Yields: about ten 1" balls
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened, organic shredded coconut
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp unsweetened, organic coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp organic pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- organic dark chocolate
- Place 1 cup shredded coconut and 3 teaspoons coconut oil into the bowl of a food processor. Process on high speed, scraping down the sides every once in a while, until it reaches a butter consistency.
- Add the sugar-free maple syrup or honey, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt and process on high speed until all of the ingredients have combined.
- Add 3/4 cup of additional shredded coconut and process on high speed until all of the ingredients have combined and formed a batter.
- Shape the coconut mixture into 1" balls and place in the refrigerator (overnight is best).
- Once the coconut balls have firmed up, melt the dark chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat. This should only take a minute or two.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip the coconut balls into the melted chocolate and sprinkle them with the shredded coconut.
- Allow the chocolate to harden by placing the coconut balls back into the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.