This Sweet Butternut Squash recipe from HealthyWithNedi is a great fall-time side dish or healthy dessert. The butternut squash, topped with dried cranberries, walnuts, honey, and cinnamon, is a combination that literally melts in your mouth.
Did you know that butternut squash is low in fat but high in dietary fiber, making it an exceptionally heart-friendly choice? According to Medical News Today, one cup of butternut squash provides a whopping 437% percent of your vitamin A needs for the day, as well as 52% of vitamin C and 10% or more of vitamin E, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and manganese. It is also an excellent source of potassium, bringing in 582 milligrams per 1 cup (more than a banana!)
Sweet Butternut Squash Yields: 2 servings
- 1/2 butternut squash
- handful of raisins (or dried cranberries)
- handful of chopped nuts, (of choice)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- pinch of cinnamon
- Cut the squash lengthwise, and discard the seeds.
- Peel and cut into cubes 1 inch pieces.
- Boil for 20 minutes until soft.
- Drain the water and place the squash in dessert bowls.
- Top with raisins and chopped nuts. Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon and honey.
What's your favorite butternut squash recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
Teresa & WANU