Get the energy you need this holiday season with these delicious gingerbread energy bites from Julie Wunder! These healthy no-bake energy bites are naturally sweet from dates + maple syrup with a hint of gingery spice…a great way to get the classic holiday flavor without added sugar (or turning on the oven!) Pair with a wanu for an extra burst of natural energy + fiber to curb your appetite while you’re on the go!
12 energy bites
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon all-spice
- Soak the dates in water for 15-20 minutes, then drain
- Pulse the dates in a food processor, then add the rest of the ingredients + pulse until you get a dough consistency
- Use your hands to form 12 small balls. Place on a cookie sheet and allow them to firm up in the fridge for an hour.
- Once set, pair with a wanu + enjoy!
Store your energy bites in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or up to 3 months in the freezer